Free Dress Tutorials for Girls
You have been waiting for the next round of free sewing tutorials, haven’t you? Well, I won’t keep you waiting any longer. This time I have rounded up free dress tutorials for little girls. My little girls love dresses. An Easter dress was the first clothing piece I sewed for my first daughter. I was so proud; strings, not-so-straight hems, and all.
If you are looking for fabric, you can check out my affiliate partner, Amazon. Yep, you can get pretty much anything on Amazon.
Sized Dress Tutorials for Girls
- Little Miss Dress – This free pattern is size 2 (toddler).
- Emerson Tunic Dress Tutorial – Pattern is sized 4T/5, but the author says adjusting sizing is relatively easy.
- Summer Picnic Dress – Tie straps, rick-rack and ruffle detailing. How cute. I just love the fabric she used for the sample dress, too! (12m-4)
- Happy Day Big Bow Dress – If this doesn’t say “Happy Birthday!” I don’t know what does. (12m-8)
- Winter Rose Dress – I love the details on this Anthropologie-inspired dress. Pattern is a size 5.
- Baby Dress Tutorial – Ok, so there isn’t a sized pattern here, but it is specifically for the bebe’s.
- A Rockin’ Dress Tutorial – Size 2T
- The Sunshine Dress Tutorial – This is too cute with the round neck. (18m-2T)
- Retro Ruffle Pillowcase Dress – This will only fit up to a size 18 month or so.
Any Size Dress Tutorials
- Ruffle Dress Tutorial – Uses ruffle fabric and is a maxi style dress. So cute.
- The Mod Sailor Dress – This is super super cute.
- Sari Inspired Dress – A fun sari style dress.
- Ruffle Clover Tutorial – This is awesome. It is a little more involved because you make the ruffles, instead of using ruffle fabric.
- The Maxi Tube Dress – A shirred top that makes fitting easy. Be sure to see this companion post for adding lovely little details to your dress.
- Chiquita Dress Tutorial – This is different and fun.
- Fancy Nancy Dress – A dress inspired by the Fancy Nancy books.
- Three Part Harmony Tutorial – A fun tank top style, knit dress.
- Petal Dress Tutorial – This dress is so very cute. It uses the same idea as the Winter Rose Dress above, but you can follow this to make in an size you need.
- Layers of Sunshine Dress – Knit ruffles. Love.
- Boxy Pleat Dress – Another cute knit dress. I love the little details to this dress.
- One Shoulder Ruffled Maxi Dress
- Wrapped Up Dress Tutorial – A knit dress with a fun front accent.
- Vintage Holiday Dress
- The Madison Dress – Big bows seem to be pretty big in little girl’s clothing it seems.
- Ric Rac Dress Tutorial
- Coraline Dress – The ruffle details on this make the dress stand out.
- The Posy Dress Tutorial – A fun summer dress.
- The Amelia Dress – I want one in my size. Of course, I would look ridiculous, but I still love it.
- Bohemian Peasant Dress Tutorial – This uses a pattern from Etsy, but the tutorial that walks you through it is helpful.
- Ruffle Tank Dress
- Gathered Pillowcase Dress – A variation on the classic pillowcase dress.
- J. Crew Inspired Girl’s Dress
- Simple Little Lady Dress – If you haven’t sewed before, this is a good place to start.
- One Hour SundressÂ – This doesn’t require a pattern and is so cute.
- A-Line Ruffle Front Dress – A modification of any a-line pattern you have.
- Poppy Dress Tutorial – A shirred dress with orange poppy flower details.
- Sunny Little Miss Dress Tutorial – I love the yellow she chose for this dress, so bright and cheerful.
- Reversible Wrap Dress – This is inspired by a vintage pattern and it is darling!
- Metro Dress Knock-Off – Chic and classy.
- Neapolitan Dress – A fun, slimmer-cut tiered peasant dress.
Refashioned Dress Tutorials
- The 15 Minute “Thrift Store Skirt” to “Girl’s Dress” Refashion – This is awesome. I can see this working well with for my girls (any size).
- Upcycled T-Shirt Dress – I love the boots paired with the sample dress. Very cute, very toddler. (any size)
- From Pants to Jumper – The first refashioned dress tutorial I found that uses pants. (any size)
- The Shirt Jumper: Men’s Shirt to Girl’s Dress – This is a cheap way to make a summer dress if you buy the shirts from the thrift store or use one that Dad no longer needs.
Tada! Forty-five FREE dress tutorials for little girls. Have fun sewing! Be sure to follow along on my Pinterest board, where I pin more tutorials as I find them, over 300 pins and counting!