Maternity clothes can be hard to find, at least they were for me and my friends who did not want to spend a fortune. I thought some DIY-minded women would appreciate a round-up of free sewing tutorials for maternity clothes.
I am also including tutorials for nursing clothing as well. If you are pregnant, I highly recommend looking into breastfeeding. My friend Trisha has a site called Breastfeeding Place with lots of information for you.
A lot of these take regular clothes and turn them into maternity clothes. If you don’t want to turn your regular wardrobe into a maternity only wardrobe, check thrift stores, Salvation Army, or Goodwill stores. You can find clothes inexpensively to modify.
- DIY maternity pillow from For Her Worth is Far Above Rubies
- Hospital gown by Design Fix :: This is a modification of this free pattern.
- How to sew a belly band by DIY Maternity
- Lace trimmed maternity belly bands from Made by Me & Shared with You
- Ruffled belly band tutorial from See Kate Sew
- Nursing sleep bra also from Made by Me & Shared with You
- DIY breastfeeding infinity scarf by Diary of a Mad Crafter
- No sew nursing top solution from DIY Maternity
- How to make nursing pads from DIY Maternity
- DIY modern nursing shawl from Coterie
- Make your own nursing cami from The Jenson Jaunts
- Maternity bow belt from See Kate Sew
- Two piece knit wrap nursing dress from Made by Me & Shared with You
- Make mommy happy 30 minute dress from Keeps Me in Stitches
- Turn about the room dress from Mad Mim at DIY Maternity
- Make a sundress from A Beautiful Mess
- Make a wrap dress from A Beautiful Mess
- Maternity or non maternity tapered dress by Cotton & Curls
- The perfect maternity dress revamped by Do It Yourself Divas
- Empire waist dress by The Cottage Home
- Tiered dress from The Sewing Rabbit
- Maternity skirt tutorial from See Mommy Sew :: A simple, relatively easy to make skirt.
- Modest maternity mini skirt from Georgeina :: Modify a regular skirt into a maternity skirt.
- Maternity yoga skirt by Monkey See Monkey Do at DIY Maternity
- Turn an oversized skirt into an empire waist maternity skirt by Craft Snob at DIY Maternity
- Very gathered A-line skirt tutorial from Cotton & Curls :: This skirt has POCKETS!
- Tied and true skirt from Elle Apparel
- Super comfy stretchy maternity pencil skirt at Sewing in No Man’s Land
- Maternity tiered skirt from The Sewing Rabbit
- How to sew your own maternity shirt by altering a non-maternity pattern by Laura’s Blog :: This tutorial tells you how to alter a pattern to make it maternity, with photo examples.
- Big tee to maternity shirt refashion by Homemade by Jill
- Big ugly shirt refashioned into maternity by Alida Makes :: This is a really cute shirt!
- Semi-homemade maternity shirt by Made :: Altering a larger store bought shirt to make it maternity.
- Maternity refashion from Happy Together at Alida Makes :: This is a dressier shirt refashion with some ruffles.
- Shirred maternity tunic top from Pretty Prudent :: Another men’s dress shirt refashion.
- How to make a maternity calendar shirt from One Little Minute at DIY Maternity :: This is a really cute project! I think it would make a great gift, too.
- Maternity top tutorial from A Jennuine Life at DIY Maternity :: Another t-shirt refashion with cute ruffle detailing.
- Make a tunic from A Beautiful Mess :: This takes 10 minutes.
- Make a lace top from A Beautiful Mess
- Men’s tee to loose top with gathered back by Cotton & Curls :: This can be maternity or not. Also, I wish I looked this cute while pregnant.
- The perfect maternity shirt from Do It Yourself Divas
- Sewing for a belly: filigree apogee top by Mad Mim
- KellyLeaSews’ Maternity top tutorials at Made by Rae :: These are modifications of a purchased pattern, super cute.
- Maternity bib halter tank at The Sewing Rabbit
- Shirt to nursing shirt refashions at Home Sweet Homebodies
- Maternity shirt with ruffle shoulders from How Joyful
- Maternity shirt from Make Baby Stuff
- Maternity pants tutorial from Grosgrain Fabulous :: Take a pair of regular jeans and turn them into maternity jeans with this tutorial.
- Easy maternity jeans tutorial from Create Studio
- Maternity dress trousers by Ann of Sew Paradise at DIY Maternity
- DIY maternity pants from your favorite pants by Cotton & Curls at Say Yes to Hoboken :: Modify your pants in a way that is reversible for after baby.
- DIY maternity clothes from Sew Like My Mom :: She took a pair of shorts that were too snug to button anymore and turned them into maternity shorts.
- How to make a wrap cardigan from DIY Maternity
- The 3-in-1 DIY swimsuit sewing tutorial from Cotton & Curls