Who I Am
- a follower of Christ who strives to be more like Him and less like myself each day
- a sinner saved by grace flowing from an unconditional love that I can’t even comprehend, but pursue passionately
- created in His image by the Creator of all things
- a humbled soul when I remember the sacrifice made for me, the suffering He endured for me, the passion of His love for me and how undeserving I am
- an imperfect person, grateful for the Savior who stands as an intercessor for me, through His blood I am counted worthy and am forgiven when I repent
- an apprentice of the Holy Spirit, the fruits of which are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (see previous point)
My Personality & Circumstances
- I am married to my best friend, with whom I have four great kids.
- I am a homeschooling mama.
- I’m constantly looking for “The Schedule” that works for us.
- I’m starting to think it doesn’t exist.
- I love lists.
- I’m short, blue-eyed and left-handed.
- I love to bake.
- I’m learning to love to cook.
- I know better, but still make cruddy food choices.
- I’m working on changing that. Again.
- I was born with collapsed lungs.
- I’m pretty random.
- This drives various people crazy.
- We have a flock of chickens, 1 dog, 3 cats, and 10 goats.
- I like alliteration.
- I love to laugh. And making other people laugh is a highlight of my day.
What I Like to Blog & Talk About
The whole point behind this blog is to encourage women in their journey to follow in the big footprints left behind by the Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 women, and to do it as unto the Lord. This is where Colossians 3:23 comes in: “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men“. Amen.
- Gardening – We have a large garden (due to my awesome husband’s hard work mostly) and like to encourage others to participate in the food chain as more than a consumer.
- Homeschooling – We homeschool our four kids, I want to encourage other homeschooling mamas in their journey. I am also a part of the Teach Them Diligently blogging team, so you will see a lot about that here as well.
- Christian Faith – I enjoy sharing the Word of God. I even create scripture graphics for Sunday Psalms to visually inspire. Well, that’s the prayer behind them anyways.
- Homemaking – Homemaking is an area that I have struggled with and part of why I write about homemaking is to encourage myself to do better. I think they call that accountability, but whatever.
- Bloggy Stuffs – This category covers techy things. I like techy things, but I know they confuse a lot of people. I like to help everyday folks (as opposed to not-so-everyday folks?) understand some of the happenings around the bloggy world and stuff. I also like the word stuffs.
- Sewing – I like to sew. The internet is full of fun tutorials and patterns. I like to round them up by category and tell you about them. Then you can pin them to your boards and sew to your heart’s content. Or do like I do and dream of the day you have time to make such awesome things…
- Goal Setting – I like goal setting, check lists, to do lists, mind maps…you get the picture. I also like to blog about them.
Where You Can Find Me
That’s me in a nutshell. As any human, I’m a little more complex than a few hundred words can express. My ultimate prayer is that this blog reflects my Savior, Jesus Christ and the tremendous, redemptive power He brings to a life. I was content to be a “baby Christian” for many years. Somewhere around the birth of my first child, I realized that I wanted so much more for my child than what I could currently give her. Through the last 10 years, God has changed me. I thank Him daily that He is still doing so.
This past winter I realized that if I’m truly going to follow Christ, I needed to be reading the Bible diligently. It is amazing how much reading the Word of God will change a person’s heart. It’s Ah-mazing how sweet it is to hear the Word of God coming from the mouth of a child and to see them excited to hear what God says to them in His Word.
My Favorite Bible Verse
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.” – Galations 5:22-23
Music I Love
Music is awesome. I love to worship in song. I love songs that challenge me to think, encourage me to live out my faith, and see things from a different perspective. I don’t play an instrument or perform otherwise, but I love to sing to my Lord. Here are a few of my favorite songs:
- 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman
- Blessed Redeemer by Casting Crowns
- Good Morning by Mandisa
- Your Hands by JJ Heller
- Beautiful, Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli
- It is Well by Kutless