If you follow along on the Facebook page or are on the actual blog often, you may have noticed that I have done some re-branding. I have a snazzy new header, new design, and coordinating Facebook graphics. The Facebook page is currently still the Vicki Arnold blog, but I have moved the blog back to my original blog title of Simply Vicki. Facebook page will follow suit eventually.
Previously, my blog tagline was “Where P31 & Titus 2 meet Colossians 3:23.” I think this only made sense to me. I was aiming to chronicle my attempts to follow in the big footsteps left behind by the Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 women with the right attitude, according to Colossians 3:23.
Over time, as things tend to do, my life changed and this tagline no longer really reflected what I was blogging about. While I started off in a more reflective, journaling type of writing, I eventually moved on with a desire to encourage and equip women. Particularly in the areas of homeschooling, homemaking, and Christian faith.
Over the summer, I began to pray, think, and brainstorm. I realized quickly that I did not like the name of the Vicki Arnold blog anymore because ultimately the blog is NOT about me. To make this long story a little shorter, I eventually realized that while I wear many hats throughout my days, at the end I am simply Vicki. Thus, I moved back to my very original blog title.
The tagline actually came via my friend Becky after discussing what I was wanting my blog to be focused on going forward. I tossed around several ideas, but when Becky took a few of my words and rearranged them to give me “Homeschooling & Homemaking With a Happy Heart,” I was THRILLED.
It was perfect. It covered my niches and it used alliteration. Oh, how I love alliteration!
Fast forward to now, with my snazzy new design and updated name and tagline. I have decided to participate in The Nester’s 31 Days writing challenge. While I had a few ideas in mind, I thought this would be the perfect time to break out all those posts I had trapped in my writing notebook and give you a taste of what the blog will be like going forward.
Once the month of October is passed, I will NOT be continuing to write 7 days/week. I am not THAT talented.
About Homeschooling & Homemaking With a Happy Heart
Before we dive into the posts, I wanted to give you an overview of what these topics will encompass from my perspective. This extends beyond this 31 day challenge.
- Homeschooling – A bit obvious, I am a homeschool mom. I will be sharing resources to help make homeschooling easier. These will include encouragement for a homeschool mother’s heart, curriculum reviews, resource lists of all kinds (including free), and any thing else relating to the world of homeschooling. I will also be creating and sharing activities and printables.
- Homemaking – This will be a relatively new area here. I will be sharing ideas for meal planning, recipes, sewing tutorial round-ups, and resources for inspiration in anything that falls under the homemaking umbrella.
- Happy Heart – This is the unclear one. Happy heart includes family, faith, and holistic living. I am bringing back my Sunday Psalms for the 31 Day challenge and will be sharing some great parenting resources. I also plan to share things that make us laugh because laughter is a big part of our home.
31 Days of Homeschooling & Homemaking With a Happy Heart
Below are the posts that make up this challenge. As each one goes live, I will add the link. Or you can subscribe via email to make sure you don’t miss them!
- Introduction (this post)
- Healthy Chocolate Breakfast Shake
- Fun Science for Kids Using Candy
- 25 Free Activities to Do With Kids
- Sunday Psalms – Psalm 19:1
- Teaching a Biblical Worldview
- Pumpkin Pie S’Mores
- Where to Buy Homeschool Curriculum
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Raising Independent Learners – How and Why
- 7 Tools for Cultivating Your Child’s Potential
- Sunday Psalms – Psalm 104:13
- Homeschooling Resources on Pinterest
- Sewing Tutorials for the Home
- Homeschooling Resources on Facebook
- How to Make Pizza Dough & 10 Ways to Use It
- Preparing for Homeschooling Middle School and Beyond
- Books for Duck Dynasty Fans
- Sunday Psalm
- Huge List of Art Tutorials
- Disposable Items That Can Be Made Reusable
- Big List of Books for Art Study
- How I Use Costco to Save My Family Money
- Writing Ideas That Are Fun!
- Lead Your Family Like Jesus
- Sunday Psalm
- Pen Pal Writing Printable Pack – Thanksgiving
- Not Your Typical Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Pen Pal Writing Tips and Resources for Kids
- Pinterest Resources for Homemaking
- Grand Finale Giveaway!