Free Dress Tutorials for Girls
You have been waiting for the next round of free sewing tutorials, haven’t you? Well, I won’t keep you waiting any longer. This time I have rounded up free dress tutorials for little girls. My little girls love dresses. An Easter dress was the first clothing piece I sewed for my first daughter. I was so proud; strings, not-so-straight hems, and all.
Sized Dress Tutorials for Girls
- Little Miss Dress – This free pattern is size 2 (toddler).
- Emerson Tunic Dress Tutorial – Pattern is sized 4T/5, but the author says adjusting sizing is relatively easy.
- Summer Picnic Dress – Tie straps, rick-rack and ruffle detailing. How cute. I just love the fabric she used for the sample dress, too! (12m-4)
- Happy Day Big Bow Dress – If this doesn’t say “Happy Birthday!” I don’t know what does. (12m-8)
- Winter Rose Dress – I love the details on this Anthropologie-inspired dress. Pattern is a size 5.
- Baby Dress Tutorial – Ok, so there isn’t a sized pattern here, but it is specifically for the bebe’s.
- A Rockin’ Dress Tutorial – Size 2T
- The Sunshine Dress Tutorial – This is too cute with the round neck. (18m-2T)
- Retro Ruffle Pillowcase Dress – This will only fit up to a size 18 month or so.
Any Size Dress Tutorials
- Ruffle Dress Tutorial – Uses ruffle fabric and is a maxi style dress. So cute.
- The Mod Sailor Dress – This is super super cute.
- Sari Inspired Dress – A fun sari style dress.
- Ruffle Clover Tutorial – This is awesome. It is a little more involved because you make the ruffles, instead of using ruffle fabric.
- The Maxi Tube Dress – A shirred top that makes fitting easy. Be sure to see this companion post for adding lovely little details to your dress.
- Chiquita Dress Tutorial – This is different and fun.
- Fancy Nancy Dress – A dress inspired by the Fancy Nancy books.
- Three Part Harmony Tutorial – A fun tank top style, knit dress.
- Petal Dress Tutorial – This dress is so very cute. It uses the same idea as the Winter Rose Dress above, but you can follow this to make in an size you need.
- Layers of Sunshine Dress – Knit ruffles. Love.
- Boxy Pleat Dress – Another cute knit dress. I love the little details to this dress.
- One Shoulder Ruffled Maxi Dress
- Wrapped Up Dress Tutorial – A knit dress with a fun front accent.
- Vintage Holiday Dress
- The Madison Dress – Big bows seem to be pretty big in little girl’s clothing it seems.
- Ric Rac Dress Tutorial
- Coraline Dress – The ruffle details on this make the dress stand out.
- The Posy Dress Tutorial – A fun summer dress.
- The Amelia Dress – I want one in my size. Of course, I would look ridiculous, but I still love it.
- Bohemian Peasant Dress Tutorial – This uses a pattern from Etsy, but the tutorial that walks you through it is helpful.
- Ruffle Tank Dress
- Gathered Pillowcase Dress – A variation on the classic pillowcase dress.
- J. Crew Inspired Girl’s Dress
- Simple Little Lady Dress – If you haven’t sewed before, this is a good place to start.
- One Hour SundressÂ – This doesn’t require a pattern and is so cute.
- A-Line Ruffle Front Dress – A modification of any a-line pattern you have.
- Poppy Dress Tutorial – A shirred dress with orange poppy flower details.
- Sunny Little Miss Dress Tutorial – I love the yellow she chose for this dress, so bright and cheerful.
- Reversible Wrap Dress – This is inspired by a vintage pattern and it is darling!
- Metro Dress Knock-Off – Chic and classy.
- Neapolitan Dress – A fun, slimmer-cut tiered peasant dress.
Refashioned Dress Tutorials
- The 15 Minute “Thrift Store Skirt” to “Girl’s Dress” Refashion – This is awesome. I can see this working well with for my girls (any size).
- Upcycled T-Shirt Dress – I love the boots paired with the sample dress. Very cute, very toddler. (any size)
- From Pants to Jumper – The first refashioned dress tutorial I found that uses pants. (any size)
- The Shirt Jumper: Men’s Shirt to Girl’s Dress – This is a cheap way to make a summer dress if you buy the shirts from the thrift store or use one that Dad no longer needs.
Tada! Forty-five FREE dress tutorials for little girls. Have fun sewing! Be sure to follow along on my Pinterest board, where I pin more tutorials as I find them, over 300 pins and counting!