Summer time is a time for cool treats. Make your kids happy and be a yes mom with easy, healthy popsicles you can serve them without any guilt. Happy kids + guilt-free mama = win!
You know how us Moms (parents in general?) have the tendency to say no to our kids requests to craft/play a game/have a sweet/insert random request that children repeat over-and-over? Well, Jessica over at Bohemian Bowmans has started a new blog meme, Saying Yes. She’s challenging you to say yes as much as you can.
This past weekend, I made a bunch of popsicles in ice cube trays. Popsicles that I could say yes to when my kiddos asked many times a day to have one. Popsicles that didn’t have things like “high ferocious corn syrup” in them.
Say Yes to Popsicles!
Want to make some popsicles you can say yes to?
Grab a blender (or not, see below). Toss in some fruit, juice (or water or milk), and some yogurt (or not). Blend it up, pour into ice cube trays (or use awesome molds), insert a toothpick and freeze.
The two my cutie pie is holding above are strawberry and banana blended with pineapple juice, and crushed pineapple mixed with coconut milk and pineapple juice. For those who like specifics here is the pineapple coconut breakdown:
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
Mix together in a measuring cup and pour into molds. Freeze. Easy peasy.
I’d give you specifics on the other one, but I didn’t measure. To make up for my lack of measurements, I shall share some tips for making awesome popsicles.
- If it makes a great smoothie, it makes a great popsicle.
- Don’t have a blender or don’t want to get yours dirty? Chop, dice, slice, or smash some fruit up, put it in your mold, and pour juice over it.
- Apple juice goes great with just about anything because it does not have a distinct flavor. White grape juice also works well.
- Try putting whole blueberries, grapes or raspberries in your mold with juice.
- Blend some fruit, nut butter and almond milk for a popsicle with some protein. Banana with peanut butter. Apple with almond butter.
Want more healthy, yummy popsicle ideas? Check these out:
- Fruity Creamy Swirly Yogurt Pops from Sophistimom
- Waterminty Pops and Mangopsicles from Mossy
- Avocado Coconut Popsicle from YumSugar
- Banana Blueberry Swirl Popsicles from Martha Stewart
- Banana Cream Pie-sicles from Momtastic
If you have a blog and want to join in, please do! If you don’t have a blog, no worries. Just tell me, what are you going to say yes to this week?