The Ultimate Guide to 50 Craft Supplies
I am happy to be partnering with 50 other bloggers to bring you the Ultimate Guide to Craft Supplies. Each blogger has taken a craft supply and created a guide for crafting with that supply. The project started on January 1st with Craftulate’s guide of Googly Eyes.
A sample of the guides you won’t want to miss:
- Fabric Crafting for Kids
- Learn and Play with Crafting Poms
- The Ultimate Guide to Crayon Art and Crafts
- Food Gets Crafty
- The Ultimate Kid’s Guide to Crafts and Activities Using Cups
You can see the entire list on The Ultimate Guide to 50 Craft Materials!
I chose socks. This may seem odd, but once you see some of the cute things you can do with them, you’ll love it! I have rounded up over 40 craft ideas to put those mate-less socks to use. Or those super cute holiday socks that you found on clearance for 10 cents.
These crafts can be made with kids, but there is a wide range of skills required. I aimed to make this a guide you can return to again and again.
The Ultimate Guide to Crafting with Socks
Toys Made from Socks
- Stick Horse – This fun toy is made with, you guessed it, socks!
- Sock Beanbags – Use these for a homemade beanbag toss game.
- Monster Socks – A no sew project that could lead to hours of fun.
- Doll Tights from Knee Socks – Create doll tights for every season, holiday, and ordinary day with this tutorial.
- Sock Donuts – Technically, these are a stuffed toy, but they aren’t an animal. Nor are they edible.
- DIY Sock Bubble Blower – This will be a fun one this summer!
Stuffed Animal Sock Toys
- Sock Monkey Tutorial – The quintessential stuffed sock toy.
- Socktopus – A toy octopus!
- Socks Owl – This little cutie would be great for owl lovers of all ages.
- Kid Made Sock Stuffed Toy – Easy project for all ages and stages.
- No-Sew Sock Caterpillar – A great one for those who aren’t ready to sew.
- Sock Cat and Mouse Craft for Kids – This project is for those comfortable with a sewing machine.
- Cow Beanbag Craft – Also uses a sewing machine.
- Sock Bugs – I like bugs that don’t bite. This one uses baby socks and is adorable.
- Stuffed Toys – I love these little faces. This would be a great beginner’s hand sewing project.
- How to Sew a Sock Bunny – A free pattern and tutorial from Craft Passion.
- Sock Lion with a Single Sock – This cute little guy comes from Craft Passion as well.
- Sock Snake – A pretty simple project for beginners.
- How to Make a Teddy Bear from a Sock – This is a little advanced, but does not need a sewing machine.
- No Sew Caterpillar and Butterfly – Fun, colorful…would go great with a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme.
- Dinosaur Sock Puppet – Sure to bring about a roaring good time. A no sew project.
- Homemade Puppets – A great basic craft that is only limited by your imagination.
- Easy Monster Sock Puppet Tutorial – No sew, very cute.
- No Sew Dragon Sock Puppet – I do believe my boys would love this one.
- Soapy the Sock Fish – This cutie would make a cute addition to a baby shower gift.
- How to Make a Sock Bouquet – You can make this for any occasion or holiday, for any age. A cute practical alternative when real flowers wouldn’t work.
- Can Cozy – A handy gift for someone who drinks a lot of canned beverages.
- Lavender Rice Compress – For those stress-filled days.
- Diaper Babies – Have fun making a basket of these with your kids the next time you need a baby shower gift. Or consider donating it to your local pregnancy care center to brighten someone’s day.
Socks for Decor
- Sock Covered Planters – These little beauties will brighten up any room.
- Draft Stopper – This is a great, practical project.
Clothing & Accessories Crafts with Socks
- Boutique Style Boot Socks – These are super, super cute. Would make a great gift for tween/teen girls.
- Gloves and Scarves – Turn those cute, mismatched socks into a pair of adorable gloves and coordinating scarf!
- Stegosaurus Socks – These would make any toddler or dino-loving kid proud.
- How to Make Rainbow Tie Dye Socks – You could do these in red, white, and blue for the upcoming summer holidays. (See also my friend Becky’s shirts.)
- Socks to Arm Warmers – Handy for those cold winter months. Another great gift idea.
- Ladies Socks to Toddler Leg Warmers – Have an older sibling make something useful for your toddler.
- How to Make Grippy Socks – These are especially helpful for new walkers if you have slick floors. It’s a no sew project.
- No Sew Slipper Socks – Make your own slippers. My kids will love this one.
Holiday & Seasonal Sock Crafts
- Sock Snowmen – These little guys can be dressed up for Christmas or in general wintery fashion.
- Sock Penguin Craft for Kids – Winter just wouldn’t be the same without penguins.
- Indoor Snowball Fight Kit – This could make a fun gift! No sew.
- Toilet Roll Snowmen – These little guys are easy and cute. No sew.
- Sock Wreath – You could make one for every holiday with the plethora of holiday socks that exists.
- Easter Bunny Craft – This one doesn’t have a tutorial with it, but looks simple enough to re-create.
Other Sock Craft Ideas
- Baby Sock Cat Toy – Make a simple toy that will drive your cat crazy. Very easy project.
MORE Sock Crafts!
You can follow my Pinterest board for sock crafting fun – Crafting With Socks
I would like to invite all my blogging friends to link up any sock crafts that they may have on their blog. Thank you for sharing your creative genius with us!