This is the final post in the books for tween girls miniseries. Be sure to see the books series for tween girls and classic book series for tween girls posts for a plethora of reading options for tween girls.
I am ending the miniseries with some biographical chapter books for inspiration and encouragement. I personally believe that the more we can encourage our kids to find their own unique, God-designed path, the better. Showing them lots of examples of how others have done just that is a great start.
I’ve listed the age and grade suggestions like before.
Biographical Series for Tween Girls
These are based on real people and while the characters in the series change, the stories are definitely ones that tween girls can find inspiration in. Each series has a lot of titles. I chose a few female-focused ones for this post. Tween girls can also obviously be inspired by males, too, so don’t miss those.
Lightkeepers (8y+, 3rd+)
Who Was/Is Series (8-12y, 3rd-7th)
Childhood of Famous Americans (8-12y, 4th-6th)
- Abigail Adams: Girl of Colonial Days
- Helen Keller: From Tragedy to Triumph
- Elizabeth Blackwell: Girl Doctor
- Pocahontas: Young Peacemaker
Sower Series (9y+, 4th+)
- Abigail Adams: First Lady of Faith and Courage
- Mahalia Jackson: Born to Sing Gospel Music
- Teresa of Calcutta: Serving the Poorest of the Poor
Christian Heroes: Then and Now (10y+, 5th+)
- Corrie ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels’ Den
- Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime
- Lillian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt
- Lottie Moon: Giving Her All for China
Do you have any biographical series for tween girls to recommend? These are the five I know about. I would love to add more! Tell me about them in the comments.