Crafty Christmas was born out of my ever-present desire to make the gifts I give. Don’t get me wrong, I love to shop for gifts, too. There is just something about adding a handmade gift to the mix that makes it extra special to me.
Last time, I covered books with ideas for gifts kids can make and give. This time, we are talking about DIY health and beauty gifts for your gift giving needs. Next time, I will cover books with ideas for homemade gifts to be given TO kids.
Now, this series may be called Crafty Christmas, but these gifts are not seasonal in nature. They would make excellent birthday or even just because gifts, too. Don’t feel limited to this time of year, spread the love all year long!
Many of these gifts will have ingredients that you may not know where to find locally. Here are a few resources for buying them online:
- Bulk Herb Store – They sell a variety of bulk herbs and mixes. They also sell heirloom seeds.
- Mountain Rose Herbs – They also offer a selection of herbs and other ingredients, but they also have a great selection of containers, too.
- Amazon – They truly have just about everything you could ever need it seems.
Now, on to our list!
DIY Health and Beauty Gifts
I’m organizing these a bit to make them easier to reference. If you find one you really like, be sure to pin it on Pinterest so you don’t lose it!
- Coconut Oil and Coffee Hand and Body Scrub
- 3 Ingredient Body Scrub
- Coconut Rose Body Scrub
- Orange Vanilla Body Scrub
- Homemade Lotion Bars
- Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
- Homemade Peppermint Body Butter
- Homemade Lavender Hand Cream
For the Face
- Vanilla Lip Balm
- Coconut Shimmer Lip Balm
- How to Make Homemade Lip Gloss With Kool-Aid – If you aren’t fond of the Vaseline, you can make your own without the petroleum.
- Another Lip Balm Recipe
- Homemade Natural Translucent Powder – DIY makeup!
- Translucent Mineral Veil – Another DIY makeup.
- Australian Clay Blush
Bath & Shower Gifts
- Honey Bubble Bath
- Homemade Shaving Cream
- Bath Fizzies
- Make Your Own Herbal Soap Without Handling Lye
- Nourishing Homemade Body Wash
- Orange and Honey Body Wash
Health Related Gifts
- Calendula Salve
- DIY Vicks Shower Disks
- Homemade Magnesium Gummies – Know someone with sleep issues? These could help.
- Homemade Vitamin C Gummies
Any one of these would make a simple gift for a friend or you can bundle them together in a cute basket and really make an impression. You can see these and many more options on my DIY :: Health & Beauty Pinterest board. So be sure to follow that (and the rest of my boards).
In researching this post, I came across what looks to be a fabulous resource for those wanting to make their own health and beauty products. It is an eBook called DIY Organic Beauty Recipes and you might be interested in checking it out.