I recently discovered the joy of shopping for washi tape. There are SO many designs and colors, it is amazing. I have curated quite the collection with more on the horizon…hey, just being honest.
With this new-found craft supply, I have been busy creating all the washi tape crafts I can think of. Washi tape goes far, let me tell you. I’ve already shared the washi tape bookmarks and today I have another easy washi tape craft for you, a thank you card.
Easy Washi Tape Craft – Thank You Card
Cardmaking is one of my favorite craft mediums. I love handmaking cards, especially when I can get over my perfectionist tendencies and just try having fun. Anyone else have that? I’m much craftier in my head than in real life it seems.
For this card, I used some super skinny washi (3mm) to create the string that the little flags hung from. For the little flags, I took a couple rolls of regular size washi tape (15mm) and simply cut triangles off. The silver is actually a smaller washi, which gave me smaller flags, but I liked it that way.
Then I took the 15mm washi and just ran a strip over the bottom of the card for a pop of coordinated color. I used stickers for my “Thanks” and they are a shiny metallic silver, which proved quite difficult to get a photo of.
A couple tips:
- Different widths of washi will give you different sized flags. Alternating these gives you a neat look.
- Start with your center. Figure out your pattern and then work out each side to help with the spacing.
- Work in odd numbers. Odd numbers are always better visually. I used three patterns and have nine flags on my little washi bunting.
- Don’t press your stickers down right away. I’ve made that mistake and then found that my spacing was off and I had ruined a card with a smooshed word. So frustrating. Now I lay all my letters out gently and will shift them as needed. When I have them in the right place, I will firmly press them.
- Not all washi tape and stickers like each other. For some reason, some stickers will not stick to the washi tape quite right. Test your washi and stickers for this before hand.
- To bring a pop of color coordination to the card and envelope, add a strip of your washi to the envelope, too.
I hope you are enjoying these washi tape crafts because I am certainly having fun finding more excuses to buy the stuff! I have another fun, easy washi tape craft coming up soon. Subscribe via email and make sure you don’t miss it.