Notice! This post is currently under revision. There were a lot of broken links and they have been removed. I haven’t finished adding the new links so there are not currently 45 tutorials on the list. I will remove this notice when I am finished with the update. You can also check my Facebook page, I will share the updated list there too. Happy sewing!
Free Dress Tutorials for Girls
You have been waiting for the next round of free sewing tutorials, haven’t you? I won’t keep you waiting any longer. This time I have rounded up free dress tutorials for little girls. My little girls love dresses. An Easter dress was the first clothing piece I sewed for my first daughter. I was so proud; strings, not-so-straight hems, and all.
Sized Dress Tutorials for Girls
- The Sweet Simple Dress – This free pattern is sized for 0-3 months.
- Emerson Tunic Dress Tutorial – Pattern is sized 4T/5, but the author says adjusting sizing is relatively easy.
- Summer Picnic Dress – Tie straps, rick-rack and ruffle detailing. How cute. I just love the fabric she used for the sample dress, too! (12m-4)
- Winter Rose Dress – I love the details on this Anthropologie-inspired dress. Pattern is a size 5. There is also a variation tutorial for this dress that makes a cute petal dress.
- A Rockin’ Dress Tutorial – Size 2T
- The Sunshine Dress Tutorial – This is too cute with the round neck. (18m-2T)
- Retro Ruffle Pillowcase Dress – This will only fit up to a size 18 month or so.
Any Size Dress Tutorials
- Ruffle Dress Tutorial – Uses ruffle fabric and is a maxi style dress. So cute.
- The Mod Sailor Dress – This is super super cute.
- Ruffle Clover Tutorial – This is awesome. It is a little more involved because you make the ruffles, instead of using ruffle fabric.
- The Maxi Tube Dress – A shirred top that makes fitting easy. Be sure to see this companion post for adding lovely little details to your dress.
- Fancy Nancy Dress – A dress inspired by the Fancy Nancy books.
- Three Part Harmony Tutorial – A fun tank top style, knit dress.
- Layers of Sunshine Dress – Knit ruffles. Love.
- Boxy Pleat Dress – Another cute knit dress. I love the little details to this dress.
- Wrapped Up Dress Tutorial – A knit dress with a fun front accent.
- Vintage Holiday Dress
- The Madison Dress – Big bows are pretty big in little girl’s clothing it seems.
- Coraline Dress – The ruffle details on this make the dress stand out.
- The Posy Dress Tutorial – A fun summer dress.
- The Amelia Dress – I want one in my size. Of course, I would look ridiculous, but I still love it.
- Bohemian Peasant Dress Tutorial – This uses a pattern from Etsy, but the tutorial that walks you through it is helpful.
- Ruffle Tank Dress
- Gathered Pillowcase Dress – A variation on the classic pillowcase dress.
- Simple Little Lady Dress – If you haven’t sewed before, this is a good place to start.
- A-Line Ruffle Front Dress – A modification of any a-line pattern you have.
- Poppy Dress Tutorial – A shirred dress with orange poppy flower details.
- Metro Dress Knock-Off – Chic and classy. Also starts with a men’s shirt, so best for smaller girls or just get more shirts and mix the prints.
- Neapolitan Dress – A fun, slimmer-cut tiered peasant dress.
Refashioned Dress Tutorials
- The 15 Minute “Thrift Store Skirt” to “Girl’s Dress” Refashion – This is awesome. I can see this working well with for my girls (any size).
- Upcycled T-Shirt Dress – I love the boots paired with the sample dress. Very cute, very toddler. (any size)
Tada! Forty-five FREE dress tutorials for little girls. Have fun sewing! Be sure to follow along on my Pinterest board, where I pin more tutorials as I find them, over 300 pins and counting!