My Home School Grades is a website that allows you to easily track your student’s grades and create transcripts with the push of a button. You use your lesson plans/curriculum and can track extra curricular activities as well.Â A lifetime membership with unlimited students is just $49.99! Seriously.
When this review came up for Mosaic Reviews, I will admit I wasn’t thrilled. Indiana only requires an attendance record and my kids are still in elementary school so I don’t really need to be thinking high school transcripts right now. However, God seems to be revealing more of His plans for our family in that “everywhere I turn I am seeing this message” kind of way and I am now thankful to have discovered this product.
I’m just going to dive right in here.
What I Like About My Home School Grades
- EASY to set up. I think it took me two minutes to set my student up. You can upload a photo of your student if you want.
- Classes were easy to set up and you have the options to grade the class pass/fail, with letter or number grades, by lesson plans with individual entries for tests and experiments (with the option to break the grade down to give more weight to tests or lessons), or for dual enrollment. Each option is simple to use.
- You can also add activities to track those as well. They are added to the transcript on an additional page.
- You can select what grade levels are included on the transcript (all the way back to Kindergarten).
- It calculates their GPA automatically.
- I like the layout of the transcripts.
- I love the graphic design of the website. I like the chalkboard background and the fonts used.
What I Didn’t Like About My Home School Grades
- The selection of pre-loaded curriculum to choose from is slim considering how many options there are available. I would like to see more added. Answers in Genesis would be a great addition.
- I would also like to see more options for lower grade levels. Bright Ideas Press, Rod and Staff, A Reason for Handwriting, and Modern Curriculum Press are some options that I know of.
Overall, I think the software is awesome. The price really can’t be beat for the ease of use and for the ability to use it with all of your students.
Today’s review is short and sweet, be sure to check out My Home School Grades. There is a free two week trial available for you to experience the software for yourself.