Thanksgiving is all about the food. You may have tried-and-true recipes that you rely on each year or you may be more adventurous and like to try new recipes each year. Today I have a list of sides for your Thanksgiving dinner planning consideration.
- Broccoli Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing – Looking for a salad that doesn’t have lettuce? This looks like an easy option.
- Sweet Potato Salad – Sweet potatoes are traditionally a warm side, this salad is not.
- Urban Farmer’s Salad – A nutrition packed side salad option.
- Cranberry Walnut Salad – Skip the cranberry jelly and put some cranberries in a salad instead? Or do both.
Slow Cooker Sides
- Slow Cooker Stuffing (or Dressing) – Whatever you call it, just use your slow cooker to make it easy peasy.
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn – Creamy, cheesy corn.
- Crock Pot Squash Casserole – Acorn or butternut squash can be used.
- Sweet Spiced Apples – So maybe this is more of a dessert, but it is from the crockpot.
- Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes – Mashed potatoes is one dish that always makes a mess for me in making, this looks like a FABULOUS option.
Traditional With a Twist Sides
- Mac and Cheese in a Pumpkin – A neat presentation, for sure, but the writer says it actually tastes better, too!
- Cranberry Pecan Green Beans – Forget your regular green bean casserole and give this twist a try.
- Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes – Spice up those sweet potatoes with chipotle, honey, and lime.
- Roasted Butternut Squash With Potato, Pepper, and Leeks – A colorful addition to your feast.
- Spiced Beets – Do beets make the cut for your meal? Try adding some spices and see what you think.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Browned Butter, Rosemary, and Caramelized Onions – This just sounds delicious.
- Maple Glazed Carrots With Bacon – Did you read that correctly? WITH BACON. Just yes.
- Citrus Spiced Sweet Potatoes – Another sweet potato option.
- Baked Corn Casserole – Similar in style to your traditional green bean casserole.
- Caramelized Acorn Squash – An easy recipe.
- Grand Marinier Cranberry Relish – Simple, no cook recipe.
Tell me, are you a more traditional dinner fan or do you like to mix it up and try new things?