You know those hobbies from your childhood that you introduce to your kids and they aren’t interested? That’s how it went introducing my children to puzzles above 50 pieces. While they enjoyed the 24-48 piece puzzles as preschoolers, they did not have any sort of patience for larger puzzles. They had outgrown the smaller puzzles, so they were shelved.
I have several of those little puzzles that are still used because I still have a preschooler, but the larger ones remained largely untouched. Then on a whim the other day, I ordered this for myself:
It was a total impulse buy and one that was purely for fun. Just for me. It came Sunday afternoon and I couldn’t wait so I got right to work:
I spent the rest of my day working that puzzle and then the kids helped me finish it the next morning:
MY KIDS ARE HOOKED! They wanted to do all the puzzles and were sad when we couldn’t keep going. They also all put 1000 piece puzzles on their wishlists for this Christmas. This is one request I am more than happy to oblige.
I spent hours putting together puzzles as a teenager. I know, wild child, right? There was a favorite 750 piece one that I am hoping we can find at my parents’ house in storage. It was a picture of craft supplies. Yes, glitter, pom poms, pipe cleaners, etc. I put that together many, many times. I got pretty fast at it, too.
But enough about my wild teenage years…
When I started looking through Amazon, I found thousands of options. I was thrilled by this because, well, I love to shop. Since I’m also a blogger who also enjoys writing blog posts, you get a post. Yay!
- Melissa & Doug Underwater Ocean Floor Puzzle – 48 large pieces
- Melissa & Doug USA Map Floor Puzzle – 51 large pieces
- Melissa & Doug Farm Wooden Cube Puzzle – 16 cubes, 6 picture options in one
- Marvel Spiderman Puzzle – We actually have a few different Spiderman puzzles that he likes, and I found this one at Tuesday Morning for like $3. 24 pieces
- Melissa & Doug Solar System Floor Puzzle – 48 large pieces
- Marvel Captain America Puzzle – 48 pieces
These puzzles are slightly harder than above. They have smaller pieces and/or more of them.
- Disney Inside Out Mixed Emotions – 100 pieces
- No Dogs Allowed on the Beach – 100 pieces
- Shopkins Lunchbox Puzzle – 100 pieces
- Puppy Dogs in a Wagon – 100 pieces
- Songbird Menagerie – 300 pieces (I want this one!!)
- Vintage Candy Wrappers – 300 pieces (This one, too!)
- Classic Picture Books – 300 pieces (Oh man, and this one!)
- Peanuts Movie Family Puzzle – 400 pieces (Yep.)
- Lake Reflection – 1,000 pieces
- Van Gogh’s Starry Night Photomosaic – 1,000 pieces
- Knock Knock Doorways – 1,000 pieces
- Television History – 1,000 pieces
- The World of Dogs – 2,000 pieces
- The Disney Dream Theater – 2,000 pieces
- African Animals – 3,000 pieces
If you are up for a REAL challenge, give this BEAST a try!
Ravensburger Disney Puzzle – 40,320 PIECES! The puzzle is over 22 feet long by over 6 feet wide! I’d love to see it actually put together, wouldn’t you?
You Might Like These Puzzles Too!