By now, you have figured out that I am an affiliate for Teach Them Diligently. You have probably also figured out that I am super, super excited to be headed to Nashville THIS week to meet some online friends in REAL LIFE and hear some encouraging speaking sessions. I kicked off my Teach Them Diligently posts with tips for preparing for your first homeschool convention from my learning experience of attending MY first homeschool convention.
You will be hearing more about Teach Them Diligently and homeschooling in general here on the blog. I have been praying lately for guidance to figure out (again) just what God has for me in the blogging world. I’m excited to see some of the direction He seems to be pointing me in. Would you consider lifting me in prayer as I seek His will? Please and thank you.
Teach Them Diligently Nashville!
Back to Nashville. I can’t tell you how excited I am about this because you probably would just think I’m crazy. You would be right, but I don’t need anyone else telling me so. Ahem.
The list of vendors for Nashville is rather long. I’m not going to reinvent the wheel here and repost it in its entirety. What I thought I would do is give you a little insight into what I will be looking for in the vendor hall next week. I have “specific to our next home school year” needs and “oh this looks interesting” wants. There is also an “I’d love to review this on my blog so I’m going to go talk with the vendor” needs/wants category, but there is a lot of overlap with the previously mentioned two lists. Hey, I’m nothing if not honest…
Curriculum Needs for 2013-2014 Home School Year
- Apologia :: I was serious when I said we would be using the Ultimate Student Daily Planners in our home school. I need to purchase one for my 4th grader and they are offering 25% off in booth purchases. I kind of wish I had more to buy because they are also giving away a free tote with every $75 you spend.
- Miller Pads and Paper :: They have PAPER, people. I kind of love paper. Also, my kids are looking forward to their selection of Dover coloring books and craft kits. We also are needing some geography related items.
- YWAM Publishing :: I am looking for biographies that will go with our history curriculum.
- Rainbow Resource Center :: I have several odds and ends to look for here.
- Write Shop :: I am interested in their Wordsmith Apprentice workbook.
The “Oh, This Looks Interesting” List
- Maestro Classics :: My kids take piano lessons, but I am wanting to add some music/composer study to our home school. They are having convention specials, too.
- Pick and Draw :: I am also taking a look at various art programs. My kids LOVE art and I would like to offer them something more this year.
- Creating a Masterpiece :: Art program.
- See The Light :: Did I mention I was looking at various art programs?
- Master Books :: There is a book that I am wanting to flip through called the Stargazer’s Guide to the Night Sky. Also, Passport to the World could work for our geography needs.
- Operation Christmas Child :: I would LOVE to work with this ministry. We fill boxes each year and I love the purpose behind this ministry.
- Raising Real Men :: Because I want to raise my boys right. Amen?
- ShatterPoint Entertainment :: Because Legos, that’s why. My older son is looking forward to this vendor.
- Seeds Family Worship :: Music and scripture. Yes, please.
Coming Up Next!
So there you have it, my list of vendors to see at Teach Them Diligently homeschool convention in Nashville this week! Tomorrow I’m going to give you a list of reasons why I am attending this convention. And then on Wednesday, I will be showing you a list of awesome blogging friends that I will hopefully get to meet while I’m there!
After that, there will be a break in convention specific posts. I created some printables to use for my home school planning and I’m going to share those with you. I am also going to share some frugal info homeschool parents won’t want to miss. Add in some reviews, a giveaway, and that affiliate explanation post I’ve been promising, and I have a lot of writing to do!