Have you ever tried gelato? I hadn’t until today. I am thankful to the folks over at Turkey Hill Dairy for sponsoring this post and introducing me to their new all natural gelato. My kids were pretty happy, too.
We each chose different flavors and toppings, but today I am going to show you my 3-year-old’s creation and a yummy recipe for a sugar free strawberry topping.
Yes, my 3-year-old chose the Turkey Hill chocolate chocolate chip flavor, the sugar free strawberry topping I made, and his favorite nut, pistachios. And he enjoyed it very much…
The rest of us enjoyed flavors like, sea salted caramel (me), chocolate peanut butter, mint chocolate chip, and purely vanilla. We picked up 5 flavors total, one of each that our Kroger carried. They did not have the hazelnut, coffee chip, or peach mango, but maybe your local store will!
A little about Turkey Hill’s All Natural Gelato…
- Turkey Hill is the first major ice cream brand to offer all natural gelato.
- All natural gelato is made with simple ingredients like milk, cream, and sugar. I was pleasantly surprised to see no chemicals listed on the ingredient lists I checked out.
- Gelato has less air in it than ice cream, which makes it have a denser, richer flavor. Definitely an indulgence.
- You can find the all natural gelato wherever Turkey Hill products are sold.
This stuff is so, so good. Be sure to give it a try!
Now, let me give you this super simple recipe to top your gelato with!
Super Simple, Sugar Free Strawberry Gelato Topping
Since gelato is so rich, the tartness of unsweetened strawberries is just right.
- 1 lb. container of fresh strawberries
- 2-4 T. butter
Chop your strawberries. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium/medium-low heat. Add the strawberries and bring to a simmer. Cook the strawberries until soft and saucy. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
Allow your sauce to cool completely before you pour it over your gelato or it will melt it pretty quickly and you will have soup. Of course, you may be like I was as a kid and prefer your ice cream that way.
This is good over a lot of flavors, but over top the purely vanilla is simply divine!
Connect With Turkey Hill Dairy