You can’t not think of beans when you think of frugal family dinners. Dry beans are very economical, even organic ones. It’s a great way to save money on feeding your family.
The PROBLEM with beans, for me anyways, is that I can never think of how to actually fix them. I’m sort of on a mission to whittle down our food costs and I want to take advantage of the economical protein that is beans.
So I took to the internet to find some options.
Frugal Family Dinners – Beans
I’m going to do my best to organize these, but there is some overlap.
Meatless Bean Recipes
Or mostly meatless.
- Black Bean Cakes
- Creamy Two-Bean Soup with Spinach, Rosemary, and Thyme
- Pinto Bean and Green Chili Layered Casserole
- Garlic Bean Soup with Bacon
- Two Bean Veggie “Meatball” Recipe
- Moroccan Inspired Chickpea Stew
- Southwest Bean Chowder
- Award Winning Black Bean Burgers
- Black Bean, Corn, and Cheese Enchiladas with Ranchero Sauce
- Pasta with Black Bean Sauce
- Vegetarian Mexican Tortilla Casserole
- Curried Cranberry Beans and Sweet Potatoes
- Quick Stovetop Vegetarian Chili with Red Peppers, Corn, and Black Beans
- Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Tuscan White Bean Stew
- Beans and Greens
- Rice Bowls with Spicy Curry Sauce
- Black Bean and Cheese Bake
Beans as Meal Stretchers
Or recipes with meat and beans.
- Spaghetti with White Beans, Spinach, and Bacon
- Easy and Hearty Cowboy Beans with Beef
- Easy Mexican Rice Casserole with Black Beans, Sausage, and Corn
- Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Potato and Chorizo Tacos
- Chipotle Beef Stew on Mexican Pot Beans
- Inverted Nachos Casserole
- Taco Soup
- Black Bean Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Bubble and Squeak with Smoky Beans and Bacon
Chilies with Beans
- Tasty Turkey Corn Chili
- Hearty Vegetarian Chili
- Lori’s 3-Bean Slow Cooker Chili with Ground Beef
- Smokey Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
Slow Cooker Bean Recipes
- Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili Mexicana
- Crock Pot Recipe for Sausage, Beans, and Greens
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos with Lime
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Crock Pot Layered Bean Burritos
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup
- Crockpot Red Beans and Rice
- Crock-Pot Crazy Pineapple Chili
Bean Side Dishes
Beans for Breakfast
Yes, seriously. (And yes, I realize this post is called frugal family dinners…)
There you go. Over 40 frugal family dinner ideas for beans. I have added a few to my list to try, which ones do you think you would try?